The “Polish Her Up” Challenge
By: Maquita Donyel
(Because we could all use a bit of Polish, unity and love)
What better month to start than March, Women’s History month?
1. Write one note/letter of encouragement.
2. Give this note to a complete stranger. Be sure the stranger is a woman.
3. Do this everyday until the month of March is over.
4. Take pictures of your letters, notes, and/or the reaction of the recipient and hashtag #PolishHerUp. Share the details of what happened if you don’t want a picture with them!
5. If you receive a letter, take a picture of it and hashtag #PolishHerUp
PS. You don’t have to stick around for them to read it.
We want you to share your pictures and stories as well.
For those that are hesitant about what to say to a stranger, try something like, “Hi, I’m apart of a challenge called “Polish Her Up”. A group of women and myself are picking random women to hand a letter of encouragement to. Even though I don’t know you, you’re a woman and you were made to be amazing. Have a great day and enjoy your letter!
Our journeys are more similar to one another than we think. We all win when we work together! This will be a wonderful way to encourage and unite one another. It’s time to break down those walls, spread love, and Polish Her Up.